Thursday, July 1, 2010

Our Survivor Man

When Dad got home from work on Monday, he asked Landon to come "front and center" because he had something to say to him. Landon walked over a little apprehensively to where Dad was standing. "Yes, Dad?" "Landon, you remember when we were in Fall Creek Falls and I didn't buy you a souvenir?" "Yes, Sir." "Well son, that was all I could think about while I was working today. I thought about how disappointed you were and felt really bad about not buying you something. *at this remark Landon breathes a sigh of relief* "So, today when I went into Southern States to buy chicken feed I looked around frantically for something I could buy you as a way to make me feel better about myself. I looked hopelessly for something you would enjoy. Then I found it. As soon as I saw it I instantly knew that that was the thing for you. So, here you are son. Your very own . . . .








edible crickets!!!"



Note: The entire time Daddy was telling this narrative, I was unsuccessfully trying not to laugh because I knew all along what he was leading up to.


Landon is the outdoor survival expert in our family. If we suddenly became stranded on a desert island, Landon would keep us all from starving with his knowledge of edible plants and insects. Here he is shown with a cricket. (which he really did eat)

Yum!

6 comments:

  1. Too funny!
    Once Isaac ate a worm, but only because Daniel did it and Isaac didn't want to be "showed up" by his little brother.:)We actually took a video of him eating it- it's on our blog, but you'll have to search for it. It's labeled "video". -Kendal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering Could you PLEASE go over to Pennies from Heaven, and follow her. You see, at this link~

    http://guinevereamoureaux.blogspot.com/2010/06/150th-post-part-1.html

    She is hosting a giveaway for a $20 gift certificate. And she is going to give it to the person that can round up the most followers! So, please go over and follower her, saying that 'Johanna and An Old-Fashioned Girl' sent you?

    Thank you So much!

    ~Johanna~

    P.S. Giveaway ends today!!! At noon! So please hurry!!! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I think this affected me terribly- I had a dream last night that I had to eat crickets!!!! They tasted good in the dream, though... -Kendal

    ReplyDelete
  4. EWWW! What did he say they tasted like? Did they really taste like bacon and cheese? ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Johanna! I didn't see your comment till now. And yes, Kelsey, Landon said they really tasted like bacon and cheese.

    ReplyDelete