Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Catching Up

I know it must seem like I've disappeared from the face of the earth due to the lack of posts recently, but I'll try to catch everybody up. 

This summer our family has had season passes to Busch Gardens and we also purchased a membership to a local pool.  We've really been enjoying both since we didn't take a family vacation year.  Daddy and us older kids have especially enjoyed Busch Gardens. 

I have (finally) conquered my fear of roller coasters.  So far, I've ridden  the Lochness and Alpengiest, which is pretty good for me considering my previous experiences with roller coasters.  I rode my first roller coaster when I was 9.  Our family was planning a trip to Kings Dominion.  I told a neighborhood girl that we were going and she said that I just had to ride Volcano.  It just so happened that it was one of the fastest and most intense rides in the entire park.  I wasn't prepared at all.  When I got off of that thing I was shaking.  I was proud of the fact that I had been on it, and had bragging rights galore, but I wasn't in a hurry to expand my roller coaster repitoire after that.  So, it's taken me 6 years to get back on a roller coaster, but I'm really starting to enjoy them. 

The little girls all agree that they love the pool the best.  Emily is a strong swimmer and likes to jump off the high diving board.  Ashleigh and Laura have really been improving in their swimming skills as well and they doggie paddle all over the pool.  Becca is so cute in her little bathing suit and loves to be held in the water.  She splashes any big brother or sister that comes near.

Connor and I have been taking piano lessons through the summer, so I've busy practicing and doing theory homework.  A lady from our church blessed me with a spring-form pan so I've been enjoying experimenting with cheesecake making.  I've also had some baby-sitting jobs which have been a blessing since I'm starting to save money to go towards fall clothes.  I'm really looking forward to fall.  I have to say,  its my favorite time of the year.  I love the crisp fall air, baking pies, snuggling under the covers on a cool fall morning, and picking apples and pumpkins.  I'm even looking foward to school.  We will be starting next Monday.  I'm going into 10th grade, Connor in 8th, Landon 7th, Emily 4th, Ashleigh 2nd, and Laura is excited about starting kindergarten.  I actually think that after the start of school, I'll have more time to blog once we get into a good rutine. 

Well, that's a summary of my summer!  Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment