Monday, June 7, 2010

Pictures from the June piano recital

Y'all knew that I couldn't have a blog named "practice makes progress" without occasionally posting something about music, right? Just checking.




With the conclusion of the final recital yesterday and completion of Levels of Progress and Guild, I can now breathe a huge sigh of relief. I love piano and enjoy practicing, but preparing for a competition like Guild is very stressful. After last year's Guild was over, my piano teacher Mrs. Sawyer mentioned a special program that I might be interested in participating in next year. It was a sonatina program that consisted of playing five complete sonatinas, which equals fifteen movements or individual pieces. Well, I thought it would be a great opportunity since I love sonatinas and have studied quite a few of them. I wasn't prepared, however, for all of the pressure involved. Learning fifteen pieces by memory in just a few months was no small task.

But, I did enjoy learning lots of lovely sonatinas and in the end I'm glad I did it. The judge made some very encouraging comments on my report card which made me feel like it was all worthwhile.

the following pictures are from the June recital

The June recital is always special because it's the really big recital at the end of the school year. Mrs. Sawyer also passes out the awards from Guild and Levels of Progress. Connor did a great job as usual. I don't think he ever gets nervous.





Mrs. Sawyer passing out the awards





note: Connor wasn't mad about anything, he just thought he was supposed to look really serious


I'm so thankful for the opportunity to take piano lessons, because it is my desire to not only teach my own children some day, but to also give lessons to other children as a way of earning an income. Possibly as a way to supplement my future husband's income. Anyways, right now I'll just keep working with Landon and Ashleigh and see what the Lord has in store for me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything went well with the recital! Joshua was born this afternoon- there are pictures on our blog! -Kendal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though you told me about the recital it was fun looking at the pictures! ( one of my favorite things to do!) I'm sorry I didn't get to see you today, but we were at home enjoying Joshua.:) I hope you are doing well! Have y'all started a garden yet? Ours is doing well, earlier last week I planted carrots. Home~grown carrots usually taste a little funny, so unless they are unusually "store bought" tasting I'm planning on feeding them to our rodents. ;) ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two. Ya'll make it look like a lot people are leaving comments. Joshua is soooo cute. Congratulations! I look foward to meeting him sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete