Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies



I got this recipe from, well, Laura Bush!


Actually, I got it from a firefighters wife whose husband used to work with my dad. But it is Laura Bush's recipe, though. They're a nice change from the plain ole' choc. chip cookies I usually bake.

Ingredients

3 c. flour
1T. baking soda
1T. baking powder
1T. cinnamon
1 t. salt
3 sticks of softened butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 T. vanilla
3 c. choc. chips
2 c. shredded coconut
2 c. pecans
3 c. rolled oats

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl whisk dry ingredients together. Set aside. Beat butter in a stand mixer until creamy. Add sugars. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Gradually mix in dry ingredients. Stir in choc. chips, coconut, pecans, and oats.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I think I'll try those out sometime Erin, the recipe looks very good! I hope I'll get to see you soon! ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made these before also and my family liked them very much. The recipe was in the back of biography I read about Mrs. Bush.

    I am so happy to see you have started a blog, Erin Spencer! I added it to my "following list" and look forward to reading what you write. I have enjoyed the posts below.

    I think it is great that you are so diligently pursuing piano... I am sure it will be very useful to you in the future! My fiance, Stephen, kindly requested that I brush up on my piano skills so that I may be able to play the piano for our times of family worship in the future. I have begun practicing again, but I sure wish I would have paid a lot more attention to all the lessons I received in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erin! Thanks for following my blog, and I look foward to reading yours! By the by, you look very very pretty in your profile picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abigail! Thanks for following my blog. Kedal and Kelsey are the ones who first told me about your blog and I've really enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete